TYMFI DRAGON LAKE
A dreamy hike to the Dragon Lake on the alpine meadow of Tymfi Mountain at an altitude of 2050m.!
Highly experienced in professional tourism since 2009 and in outdoor activities since 2007, Green Oliver alternative travel agency executes hiking trips to the dreamy Dragon Lake of Tymfi mountain, over the enchanting Zagorochoria!
Our customized trips are ideal for small or large groups, companies and organizations, schools and they are always adapted to your own desires and preferences!
We guide you in nature with safety, we arrange your transfer and your stay in traditional guest houses and mountain refuges and we create the ideal schedule for you!
More Outdoor Activities that can be combined with the hike to Tymfi Dragon Lake
• Hike to the highest summit of Tymfi mountain, “Gkamila” at 2497m
• Crossing the imposing Vikos Gorge
• Walking along “Voidomatis” river
• Outdoor activities such as rafting, kayaking, canyoning, river trekking, 4×4, biking, horse riding and more
• Outdoor workout programs such as functional training, circuit training, yoga, pilates etc
• Orientation games
• Guided tours and visits at picturesque villages, such as Papigo, Aristi, Monodendri, Kapesovo, Tsepelovo, Vradeto and sites of cultural interest
• Meals in traditional local taverns
About Tymfi Dragon Lake
The Dragon Lake is situated at an altitude of 2.050m on the alpine meadow of “Tymfi” mountain, also known as “Gkamila” or “Mountain of Papigo” in Epirus at the area of Zagorochoria, in a region that has been declared as a national park since 1973 and as a “Biosphere Reserve” under the Natura 2000 network.
It spreads in an elliptical shape to an area of about 8 acres next to the cliff above the “Aoos” river. Drakolimni is inhabited by alpine tritons, which are as if they have just jumped out of fairy tales with dragons!
According to science, the dragon lakes are remnants of the glaciers, but according to the legend two dragons inhabited the dragon lakes of Tymfi and Smolikas and had so much enmity between them that were throwing rocks to each other!
Let’s create together an unforgettable trip between fantasy and reality! A fascinating hiking excursion in impressive nature, strictly for adventurous travelers and dreamers!
Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you! You can also contact us by email to [email protected], via message to Green Oliver facebook page or call us daily from 10.00 – 18.00 at 6977 191247 and 2310 283534.