OLYMPOS: HIKING FROM GORTSIA
TO PETROSTROUGA REFUGE
Back and forth route:11 kms
A hiking trail in a dense pine forest on the imposing Mt Olympos, the mountain of the Gods, that reaches Petrostrouga refuge!
Starting from “Gortsia” at 1100 meters and a few kilometers away from Litochoro village, we follow an uphill path through the impressive nature that fascinates every hiker! We make small stops at a wooden kiosk and a bench to admire the slopes and the wild beauty of Mt Olympos!
We continue our hike through the forest until we reach the Petrostrouga refuge at an altitude of 1940 meters! There, we’ll have time for a coffee and a snack while admiring the impressive view of the endless blue of the Aegean Sea! Following the same path back, we’ll reach the starting point.
A unique hiking trail on mythical Mt Olympus with extraordinary images of nature that captivate every outdoor enthusiast and mountain lover!
Hiking Route Information
• Starting & finishing point: Gortsia
• Minimum altitude: 1100 meters
• Maximum altitude: 1940 meters
• Total length of route: 11 kms (back and forth)
• Difficulty level: 2+/5 (scale 1 – 5, good physical condition)
• Children: 10+ (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
• Total activity time: 6.30 hours
• Participation cost: 60 euro/person
• Minimum number of participants: 2 adults
• Group discount: 15% (from 4 to 6 adults)
• Group discount: 30% (from 7 to 9 adults)
• Children 10-12 years old discount: 50% (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
Special prices for large groups!
• Professional guides with international first aid certification
• Fresh fruit, energy bar and bottle of water 1,5 lt
• Trekking poles if requested
• Photo coverage
• First aid kit
• Organizing and coordinating by Green Oliver
• All taxes
• Accident insurance
TRANSFER AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!
1. Hiking shoes
2. Appropriate clothes depending on the season and a change of clothes
3. Trekking poles (optional)
6. Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen (depending on the season)
7. Extra snack (optional)
Express your interest in our hiking trip filling the form below or sending your full name, email and mobile number to [email protected] or via message to Green Oliver facebook page.
After the confirmation of the reservation by Green Oliver, participants receive by email all the available payment methods to proceed accordingly.
In case of cancellation up to 4 days before the start date of the activity, you will receive a full refund. Otherwise, you will be charged the full amount due to the scheduled costs.