OLYMPOS: HIKING AT ORLIAS
WATERFALLS & POOLS
Where stunning waterfalls jump out of slopes and rocks, where pools with crystal-clear water shine under the sunlight, there we will hike to discover the fairy tale beauty of Mt Olympos!
Option No1: Circular route 7,5 kms
The stunning hiking route starts at an altitude of about 260m and it is initially moving between low vegetation, which becomes denser as we climb higher! The trail crosses rocky slopes, passes through glades and reaches higher than 700 meters after a hiking of 1.30 hours.
At this point, we start descending through dense vegetation with towering trees listening to the water of the waterfall!
And after a while the 20-meter Kokkinos Vrachos (red rock) waterfall appears and captivates us! There, we will take a break for photos or even a dive in the cold waters!
Next, we move on the other side of the stream and continue our descent following a beautiful verdant route, which after an hour reveals the magnificence of nature, the impressive natural pools of Orlias! There, we will have time to swim and relax on the rocks!
Hiking Route Information
• Starting & finishing point: Karitsa
• Minimum altitude: 260 meters
• Maximum altitude: 710 meters
• Total length of route: 7,5 kms (circular)
• Difficulty level: 2/5 (scale 1 – 5, quite good physical condition)
• Children: 10+ (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
• Total activity time: 5.30 hours
Option No2: Back and forth route 5,5 kms
The stunning hiking route starts at an altitude of about 320m outside of a picturesque small chapel and moves directly into the amazing Orlias stream! A great path in dense vegetation running along with the crystal water of the stream!
It’s a continuous gentle uphill walking with impressive images of nature, which after 1.30 hours reaches the 20-meter Kokkinos Vrachos (red rock) waterfall! There, we will take a break for photos or even a dive in the cold waters!
Next, we follow back the same route in beautiful nature, which is now an easy downhill walk, that after 1 hour meets the magnificence of nature, the incredible natural pools of Orlias! There, we will have time to swim and relax on the rocks!
Hiking Route Information
• Starting & finishing point: Dion
• Minimum altitude: 320 meters
• Maximum altitude: 550 meters
• Total length of route: 5,5 kms (back and forth)
• Difficulty level: 1+/5 (scale 1 – 5, moderate fitness)
• Children: 9+ (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
• Total activity time: 5 hours
• Participation cost: 55 euro/person
• Minimum number of participants: 2 adults
• Group discount: 15% (from 4 to 6 adults)
• Group discount: 30% (για 7 έως 9 adults)
• Children 9-12 years old discount: 50% (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
Special prices for large groups!
• Professional guides with international first aid certification
• Fresh fruit, energy bar and bottle of water 1,5 lt
• Trekking poles if requested
• Photo coverage
• First aid kit
• Organizing and coordinating by Green Oliver
• All taxes
• Accident insurance
TRANSFER AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!
1. Hiking shoes
2. Appropriate clothes depending on the season and a change of clothes
3. Trekking poles (optional)
6. Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen (depending on the season)
7. Extra snack (optional)
8. Swimsuit, flip-flops, towel (optional)
Express your interest in our hiking trip filling the form below or sending your full name, email and mobile number to [email protected] or via message to Green Oliver facebook page.
After the confirmation of the reservation by Green Oliver, participants receive by email all the available payment methods to proceed accordingly.
In case of cancellation up to 4 days before the start date of the activity, you will receive a full refund. Otherwise, you will be charged the full amount due to the scheduled costs.