HIKING AT KOUNOUPITSA WATERFALL
AND POZAR THERMAL SPRINGS
Back and forth route: 9,5 kms
A beautiful hike to the stream of Kounoupitsa with the spectacular waterfall, combined perfectly with a dive in the stunning Pozar thermal springs!
Our hiking route starts just behind the thermal baths and for the first 40 minutes is quite demanding. We move mainly on a rocky slope between trees and short vegetation, but as we reach a higher altitude, we admire the magnificent view of St. Nicholas stream!
Then, the incline becomes gentler and the path continues between beautiful meadows and forest roads until it ends up at a characteristic round guardhouse with a kiosk and a water source!
From this point we start a captivating descent following a verdant path for about 50 minutes until it ends up in the gorge of Ramno Bore, consisting of three main streams, the Isio Pefko (straight pine), the Louta and the stream of Kounoupitsa.
And in just 10-15 minutes of hiking alongside the stream, we meet the majestic 12-meter waterfall of Kounoupitsa! There, we will take a break for photos or even a dive in the cold waters!
We return following the same route back and once we arrive at Pozar, we can enjoy a thermal bath in the waterfalls or in the outdoor pool!
Upon request, there is also an option of reservation for a private thermal bath in indoor pools or hammam!
Hiking Route Information
• Starting & finishing point: Pozar thermal springs
• Minimum altitude: 400 meters
• Maximum altitude: 730 meters
• Total length of route: 9,5 kms (back and forth)
• Difficulty level: 2/5 (scale 1 – 5, quite good physical condition)
• Children: 10+ (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
• Total activity time: 5.30 hours
• Participation cost: 60 euro/person
• Minimum number of participants: 2 adults
• Group discount: 15% (from 4 to 6 adults)
• Group discount: 30% (from 7 to 9 adults)
• Children 10-12 years old discount: 50% (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
Special prices for large groups!
• Professional guides with international first aid certification
• Thermal bath in the waterfalls or the outdoor pool
• Fresh fruit, energy bar and bottle of water 1,5 lt
• Trekking poles if requested
• Photo coverage
• First aid kit
• Organizing and coordinating by Green Oliver
• All taxes
• Accident insurance
TRANSFER AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!
1. Hiking shoes
2. Appropriate clothes depending on the season and a change of clothes
3. Trekking poles (optional)
6. Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen (depending on the season)
7. Extra snack (optional)
8. Swimsuit, flip-flops, towel
Express your interest in our hiking trip filling the form below or sending your full name, email and mobile number to [email protected] or via message to Green Oliver facebook page.
After the confirmation of the reservation by Green Oliver, participants receive by email all the available payment methods to proceed accordingly.
In case of cancellation up to 4 days before the start date of the activity, you will receive a full refund. Otherwise, you will be charged the full amount due to the scheduled costs.