HIKING AT KALYPSO CANYON
ON MOUNTAIN KISSAVOS (OSSA)
Back and forth route: 9 kms
A fairy tale unfolds in front of the 70-meters high waterfall and the natural pool in Kalypso canyon, an unforgettable hiking experience in a truly exotic landscape!
This famous impressive gorge is on the east side of Mt Kissavos, above the area of Kokkino Nero (Red Water) and next to the “balcony of the Aegean Sea”, the village of Karitsa, which is 300 meters above sea level.
In the beginning our hike is in a beautiful forest road overlooking the mountain and the endless blue of the Aegean Sea for about 3.5 kilometers.
Until our trail enters the unique nature of Kissavos and follows a route in an exotic landscape and enchanting nature!
A path that leads to the heart of the Calypso Gorge, where we will meet face to face with the magnificence of nature! Emerald running waters jump out of the rocks and form impressive pools. A stop here is a must, for a dive in the crystal-clear waters and for countless photos!
On our way back, we follow the same path enjoying nature in all its splendor!
Hiking Route Information
• Starting & finishing point: Karitsa
• Minimum altitude: 300 meters
• Maximum altitude: 480 meters
• Total length of route: 9 kms (back and forth)
• Difficulty level: 1+/5 (scale 1 – 5, moderate fitness)
• Children: 9+ (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
• Total activity time: 4.30 hours
• Participation cost: 50 euro/person
• Minimum number of participants: 3 adults
• Group discount: 15% (from 4 to 6 adults)
• Group discount: 30% (from 7 to 9 adults)
• Children 9-12 years old discount: 50% (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
Special prices for large groups!
• Professional guides with international first aid certification
• Fresh fruit, energy bar and bottle of water 1,5 lt
• Trekking poles if requested
• Photo coverage
• First aid kit
• Organizing and coordinating by Green Oliver
• All taxes
• Accident insurance
TRANSFER AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!
1. Hiking shoes
2. Appropriate clothes depending on the season and a change of clothes
3. Trekking poles (optional)
6. Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen (depending on the season)
7. Extra snack (optional)
Express your interest in our hiking trip filling the form below or sending your full name, email and mobile number to [email protected] or via message to Green Oliver facebook page.
After the confirmation of the reservation by Green Oliver, participants receive by email all the available payment methods to proceed accordingly.
In case of cancellation up to 4 days before the start date of the activity, you will receive a full refund. Otherwise, you will be charged the full amount due to the scheduled costs.