HALKIDIKI: SYKIA HIKING
WITH VIEW OF MT ATHOS
Circular route: 10 kms
An amazing route at the southest part of Sithonia with landscape diversity and alternating images that impresses even the most demanding trekking enthusiasts!
In the beginning we move uphill for 2 km starting from a very low altitude at 30 meters. The view of Sykia village is unique revealing to the traveler the most isolated village of Sithonia!
The village was formerly at the beach of St. Ioannis (Paleochora), but due to pirate raids it was transferred into the peninsula to be well protected.
Reaching 180 meters and further up the landscape becomes bucolic! Our trekking route explores unknown trails, passes through small stream and charming meadows. It also gives to the hiker the opportunity to climb small rocks until it reaches a spot with unbelievable view of the Aegean Sea and the magnificent Mt Athos!
Our hike continues its circular route, discovering isolated passages of the southernmost point of Sithonia next to limestone rocks and diversity of vegetation until it ends up in the village of Sykia.
Hiking Route Information
• Starting & finishing point: Sykia
• Minimum altitude: 30 meters
• Maximum altitude: 320 meters
• Total length of route: 10 kms (circular)
• Difficulty level: 2/5 (scale 1 – 5, quite good physical condition)
• Children: 10+ (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
• Total activity time: 4.30 hours
• Participation cost: 50 euro/person
• Minimum number of participants: 3 adults
• Group discount: 15% (from 4 to 6 adults)
• Group discount: 30% (from 7 to 9 adults)
• Children 10-12 years old discount: 50% (necessarily accompanied by an adult)
Special prices for large groups!
• Professional guides with international first aid certification
• Fresh fruit, energy bar and bottle of water 1,5 lt
• Trekking poles if requested
• Photo coverage
• First aid kit
• Organizing and coordinating by Green Oliver
• All taxes
• Accident insurance
TRANSFER AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!
1. Hiking shoes
2. Appropriate clothes depending on the season and a change of clothes
3. Trekking poles (optional)
6. Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen (depending on the season)
7. Extra snack (optional)
Express your interest in our hiking trip filling the form below or sending your full name, email and mobile number to [email protected] or via message to Green Oliver facebook page.
After the confirmation of the reservation by Green Oliver, participants receive by email all the available payment methods to proceed accordingly.
In case of cancellation up to 4 days before the start date of the activity, you will receive a full refund. Otherwise, you will be charged the full amount due to the scheduled costs.